a). School fees sponsoring
Research has shown that school fees sponsorship is one of the most effective ways of supporting orphaned and vulnerable children in Uganda. The program entails identifying and supporting children with school fees and other scholastic materials with the following advantages:-
- This program is capable of assisting many children compared with other formal or institutionalized education support programmes.
- Children can be recruited all over the whole country or region.
- Many children under different categories of e.g. age group, education levels, and education structure can all benefit from this problem simultaneously.
- The program is easy to manage as cooperation with the childcare givers, guardians, local leaders are employed or co-opted to effectively identify and sponsor the children.
- On the other side of fundraising agency, each child can get his/her own sponsor.
This program is widely used in Uganda both local and foreign donors helping build children’s capacity the greatest need of orphans and vulnerable children in Uganda.
(b) Significant activities:
- Identifying and recruitment of children to benefit from the program.
- Mobilization of local, religious, civil, political and opinion leaders to form the relevant child welfare committees that will run the program together with the organization.
- Forming children care givers, guardians, foster parents for the case of total orphans to coordinate the Education Sponsorship Program.
- Identifying and developing partnership with schools, colleges and other institutions of higher learning in which sponsored children will study to effectively coordinate program.
- To mobilize funding to run the program.
- To mobilize funding to run the program